Thursday, October 20, 2016

Reflection on my role-play





     Last week, my class do a role play activities which is the theme is school. All students in my class must perform because the teacher will give marks to students and judging by each acting. Many interesting content found in a Role-Play game, which is villains, heroes, betrayal, love, friendship, romance, fantasy and evil. 

     I think a role-play is a great activity because it allow us as student escape from reality. Role-play also can leaving behind all the stress and problem. It also can relax our mind. Role playing is very important because it gives us as individuals the opportunity to put ourselves in place of the other character. It can improve the courage ourselves to stand and perform our role-play in front of all the students in the classroom and also our lecturer. I only had the chance to role play at my collage because at my secondary school I did not had a chance to do a role play at school. The experience was fun because we all gave our responses which were quite different.


     Next, what can we do to improve our role-play is practice every day with our group to get the best character and the perfect character. The game will be more interesting when your character is realistic and perfect. After that we try to adapt ourselves to empathize with each character. We also practice to remove our timidity when we do these activities. Many people to be shy when performing their role-play and our group want to try to remove our shyness and just enjoy when do it that game.


     I think the role-play could help me in speaking English. When I practice our role-play, it also can help me to improve my language and my speaking English. Role playing is a popular activity in communicative language-teaching classes. I think our lecturers hold activities such as that for all students can improve and repair their speaking English skill. Our language will be perfect because we practice every day. 

     Lastly, it was uncomfortable at first because i feel like under pressure not to make a mistake but then I start to improvise and it all comes together. I actually always laughed when we role played the characters of the play until I felt comfortable with the character. We will find a lot of fun when do a role-play.




(Nurul Shahirah bt Baharudin)

No comments:

Post a Comment